jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Easy

Easy - Tammara Webber I’ve been holding off on writing my review of Easy because I really can’t think about the novel cohesively enough to even know where to start to express how much I loved it. So I took to Goodreads and looked over my status updates for it and found one that I think encompasses my thoughts pretty well, it reads: “This book is exactly what I imagine crack addiction to be like. You know, the insatiable highs & the devastating lows and all that jazz. Oh and the fact that I want more. MORE!”At the heart of this awesome story is the cast of fantastic characters. I loved Jacqueline, she was sassy, fun and incredibly smart. But that being said, she wasn’t perfect either, she made bad decisions and was constantly learning from her mistakes & growing throughout the novel. She definitely made an immense transformation and watching her path to who she became was so great. Helping her along the way was Lucas. LUCAS, ugh where do I even start with him. I love him so much, he was everything a girl could want in a man. He had his dark and mysterious side and when you got through that he was so understanding and incredibly sweet. There are no words that I could put here to describe him that could ever do him justice, so I want to include a little passage that was the culminating point in my love for him. We rolled again and I was under him, his hands tracing and circling, followed by his mouth. Then he unbuttoned my jeans and touched the zipper and everything crashed around me. I tore my mouth from his. “Wait.” “Stop?” he panted, watching me. I bit my lip and nodded. “Stop everything, or just go no further?” “Just…just no further,” I whispered. “Done.” He gathered me into his arms and kissed me, one hand tangled in my hair and the other caressing down my back, our hearts pulsing out a cadence that the musician in me translated into a concert of lust. –Page 141I think that alone is just so damn sexy, he was such an attentive lover and I found myself hot and bothered whenever they got close. That leads me to the next part that I loved so much about this story. I love the New Adult genre that it falls into. The characters aren’t in high school, they are in university and they actually have sex! How fun, right? The angst is still there but to me, the characters actually getting into bed and romping around is so satisfying and adds a whole new element to swooning for me. Not only is there the added element of sex, but this story also deals with some pretty heavy issues. A lot of it focuses on rape and what a woman can do to empower herself. I liked how Tammara tackled the issue, the characters didn’t check out of life because of what happened, they found ways to empower themselves and prepare for any possibility in the future. There is a speech that the president of one of the sororities gives about how women need to stand up and stand together which had me yelling out “Fuck Yeah!” It was such a great speech.I know I haven’t done this book justice, but I am stopping here because I will never achieve that anyway. All I can say is that you NEED to read this novel. If you don’t have it, get it and if it’s on your TBR, bump it up, you will not regret it!--You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.