jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Boundless

Boundless - Cynthia Hand This review is spoiler free for the series.Starting this book was a very bittersweet experience for me. On one hand, I was excited because throughout the series I have really come to love these characters. I care about them, I care about what happens to them. On the other hand I knew that in this installment of the Unearthly series I would be saying goodbye to them. The road to the end was better than I could have ever wished for and I have to say that Cynthia Hand knows how to end a series.I have been struggling all day with how to write this review because pretty much everything that happens in this book would be a spoiler. I don’t want to talk about any of the fights, or any of the relationships, or what characters make appearances when. There is just so much that happens in this novel. At 436 pages it felt like way less to me and I just breezed through it. I can say that Clara has remained a heroine that I love and admire. She is so strong and she faces everything that comes at her with a maturity beyond her years. Through all that has happened in this series she still manages to see beauty and hope in her surroundings. I went into this novel a strong Tucker fan and as her relationship changed throughout the novel with both Christian and Tucker, I got to a point where I knew I would be satisfied with whomever she chose. The road that each relationship took was by no means a straight path but everything seemed to work out in a weird way and I was completely satisfied with her decision.One thing that I found amped up in this novel was the desperation and the action. I felt like everything moved pretty fast. The visions were intense and the road to figuring out exactly what they meant was full of action. I think the reason for that was in the other books sure there were visions but we didn’t know exactly when they would play out, with this one we knew that they would happen before the end of the book. That had me hanging onto every word and picking apart every occurrence that came about.There was so much here that took me by surprise. I was shocked at more than one time and near the end my husband came into the room and asked how I was reading through the waterfall of tears that had taken over my eyes. I had all the feels reading this book and I wouldn’t change anything. I normally finish a series and want more, something always feels as if it wasn’t wrapped up quite right. But I can safely say that in this instance I am completely satisfied with the route the characters took and because of that I am OK with saying goodbye to them. If you haven’t started this series yet, you need to do so as soon as possible and if you have and are holding off on reading Boundless I recommend you do it before you start seeing spoilers everywhere. This is a book you want to travel in the dark so it can take your mind and your heart by surprise as it did me. --You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.