jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Unearthly (Unearthly Series #1)

Unearthly  - Cynthia Hand You can read all my reviews at Alluring ReadsI LOVED this book! It had a great flow to it, it built up well and the climax was awesome. Yes, it's another love triangle book (seems that's the template most YA authors run to now) but I feel it's very well executed. I fell in love with Tucker and at the same time I really liked Christian! That's never happened to me before, I always pick a side. I also really appreciated the way Cynthia treaded lightly around all the God talk. This is a book essentially about the beings of Heaven and Earth, but it didn't feel preachy at all (even the angels don't go to church!).Our protagonist Clara Gardner also won me over throughout the book. She's a heroine with a head on her shoulders and I really appreciated that. She had her purpose in life but she was going to stay true to herself no matter what the cost. So often we see girls in these books that have no mind of their own, so it was so exciting to read a character and be able to respect her for her decisions.This is a perfectly paced book that leaves you ecstatic for the sequel. I definitely recommend Unearthly to anyone looking for an Alluring Read.