jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Pure (Pure Trilogy)

Pure - Julianna Baggott You can view all my reviews at Alluring Reads Where do I start! This book is heart wrenching from the very first page. The hardships that the "wretches" in this book face are unimaginable. It is a split POV novel written in the 3rd person, and I'm not really a fan of books written in 3rd person but this book chewed me up and spit me out. Pure isn't a fast paced novel that keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout, the charm here is in the detail and world building. The detail of history that Julianna Baggott goes into reaches inside you and pulls at your heart strings. It is beyond imaginative and though it is so far fetched it feels absolutely real and painful. The reason I only gave this 4 stars is because I felt as if some important parts of the book were skimmed over and I still had questions (what is exactly is the OSR and how did they come to be? who picked the 7 best and brightest?) The characters of the book (it is written from 4 different POV's changing with each chapter) were excellently developed with my star being Pressia. The strength inside this girl is admirable, I felt connected with her and felt pain when she felt pain. What is fascinating about the authors writing is how she made me feel the same amount of sorrow for Partridge as I did for Pressia, and they are from two very different worlds. This is a slower book with a high level of attention to detail but it is a fulfilling read. I definitely recommend Pure!