jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Eternally Yours

Eternally Yours - Cate Tiernan You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.I had been looking forward to Eternally Yours ever since devouring the first two books in the trilogy earlier this year. I am happy to say that it did not disappoint! Nastasya (our 459 year old immortal) is back and she is just as snarky and sarcastic as ever. We catch up with her and the residents of River's Edge about a month following her gallivants to Boston and the tragedy with Incy. I was happy to get to see Nas back with River and relieved to see how much growing she did in this novel.At times I do find some of the things that Nas says to be quite childish for someone with her number of years but through the intense flashbacks throughout the story we can clearly see that she didn't do much maturing as time went on. That's one of my favourite parts of this series (which is weird because I despise historical fiction.) We get to go back in time and experience not only Nas's history but also we get glimpses into the past lives of all of the residents of River's Edge and see that no one is perfect. Everyone has a darkness to their past; from being a Viking who would wipe out entire towns to a devious sibling who planned to wipe out her entire family to gain all the power she could. There are so many different tales weaved together in this series and I loved learning about each person.My favourite person in the story is, of course, our handsome badass Reyn. Watching his and Nas's relationship grow in this edition of the series was something that I had been longing for. They have so much negative history between them and I understood Nas's motivations for taking everything so slow but I just wanted her to pounce him and get it over with! But as their relationship bloomed we also had someone working dark magic and a mystery to solve. I felt that this one was more slow moving than the others, but appreciated the fact that it focused more so on the characters and their growth. To be honest, I didn't really care who was wreaking havoc on their little settlement and I relished in the day to day mundane happenings instead. I care about these characters and their interactions and the witty writing has you feel as if you are in on conversations amongst friends.I am sad to see that the series is over but I am happy with the way that it ended. I have been talking lately about how I don't re-read books but upon finishing this series I can totally see myself re-reading it one day to relive everyone's story and absorb it all again. Tiernan has created wonderful characters with dark histories that makes you fall in love with each and every one of them. This was a fantastic series and I honestly with there was more to come!