jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

The Mysterious Madam Morpho (Blud, #1.5)

The Mysterious Madam Morpho - Delilah S. Dawson More like 3.5 stars.Having been a big fan of Dawson's Wicked as They Come, I was quick to jump at the opportunity to read this short companion novel. The cover is stunning, and I couldn't wait to travel back to the vivid world of Sang. I once again got wrapped up in the characters but did find myself longing for some more action rather than pages of descriptions.That being said, beautiful descriptions and stunning imagery is one area where this novel flourishes, the rich descriptions get you lost in this unbelievable world, though there is such a thing as too much. At times I found myself bored of the lulls in the story, and for the amount of pages that shouldn't have really been an issue. It was once again interesting to see the setting from the eyes of an outsider as she met the stars of the show. You know right from the get-go that Imogen Morpho is trying to get away from someone or something and the build-up to the big reveal was great. We get to see more of the inner workings of the contraptions & the man behind the magic that runs this fantastic carnival and that was a welcome addition. I enjoyed this new tale and my pining for Wicked as She Wants has reached an all time high. Chalk full of stunning imagery and a very hot scene to get your motor running, The Mysterious Madam Morpho packs a lot of punch in its mere 100 pages.You can read more of my reviews at Alluring Reads.A copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.