jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved Series #2)

Darkness Falls - Cate Tiernan You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.I am absolutely loving my luck with trilogies right now! Darkness Falls did not disappoint at all. Cate Tiernan gave what were already great characters an amazing amount of depth and made me love them even more. Darkness Falls starts off immediately following Immortal Beloved. Nas is still at River's Edge and she is doing great. But slowly things start taking a turn for the worse, weird things are happening and she has a sickening feeling that it is her inherent darkness rising up and destroying her chance for happiness. Just when her heart can't take anymore she is reunited with her best friend Innocencio and she goes with him and back to her old life. But is it really what she wants? And is Incy someone she can trust? Of course, our girl Nasty has to find out the hard way.I came into this book wanting to learn more about the supporting characters, River especially. I really like how she opened up in this book and we found out how she became the patient, understanding woman she is today (it wasn't easy I tell ya!) We also learned more about Anne and Charles which were fantastic tales unto their own. And of course, we saw more of Nas's past through more of the thrilling flashbacks. I really enjoy the use of flashbacks in this series, the history is so enchanting. She's always in a different part of the world, in a defferent century dealing with real life things. The love story in Darkness Falls was just as elusive as it was in Immortal Beloved. I wanted Nas and Reyne to ravage eachother and be done with it! But, that would be giving everything away too easily, wouldn't it? Once again the author has made you long for the love that you know is there, but has stayed true to the story of growth that is at the heart here. As frustrating as it is, it's what makes these books so damn good! The relationship between River and Nas also fluorished in this one, River opened up in a way I'm not sure she has to anyone else. This story has some great morals in it as well. Sure it's a story about immortals with magickal powers going through the motions of everyday life and trying to find something real to live for. But it is a story of good and evil, of right and wrong. It's a story that tells us that we can overcome our bad decisions of the past and become a better person in spite of it. This series digs in deep and makes you look at all the wrong choices you may have made in your life and gives you hope that you can overcome them. The quote I decided to use in this review really struck home with me, because it's true. Hiding our indiscretions and never facing the reality of them gets us nowhere. We need to face our past and learn from it. I am in love with this series and I will definitely be recommending them to anyone looking for an Alluring Read.