jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Sneak (Swipe, #2)

Sneak (Swipe, #2) - Evan Angler You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.When I finished Swipe earlier this year, I can remember very clearly turning the last page and thinking "NO! It can't possibly be over!" So when I got the tour invite for Sneak, I jumped at the opportunity. Evan Angler has put together a strong dystopian world unlike any I have read before. What is so fascinating to me about the world of The Swipe Series is that it's not a typical dystopia where people's rights were forcefully taken from them against their will. Instead we have a world where the citizens were offered alternatives that made their lives easier and they willfully handed over their individuality and abandoned choice.In Sneak we catch up with Logan immediately where Swipe left off, he has fled from Spokie and is on his way to find Lily in Beacon. Following him along his journey to save her made for an engrossing read. He meets back up with the Dust and they come across their fair share of turbulence, of course things can't go as planned right? In Sneak we find a much bigger network of the Markless and it creates an intense feeling of an impending uprising. They communicate with one another and are always there to help a fellow Markless out, I really enjoyed this aspect of the story as it made discontent in the American Union feel more defined and almost practiced.Another part of this series that keeps me loving it is the strong female characters. Sure Logan is our MC and he's basically the driving force but Haylie and Erin are really the brains of the operation. Haylie really stood out in this one for putting her neck out for Peck & the Dust as well as her secret agent spy skills! And Erin is once again front and center with her tablet hacking right into DOME's systems and showing them who's boss! Also, Haylie's mother and Logan's grandma even throw themselves into the mix which made for an interesting little side story. Mr. Angler definitely has a knack for writing sassy, strong women and that is something that I will always appreciate as a reader.There are quite a few twist and turns along the road in Sneak and it definitely keeps you on your toes. Reading this follow up was just as satisfying as reading the first book in the series and once again it left me with just enough lingering questions to have me pining for more. If you're looking for a fun, clean, rather innocent dystopia then The Swipe Series is a great place to start.A Copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.