jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Entangled (Spellbound #1)

Entangled (Spellbound #1) - Nikki Jefford You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.The cover of Entangled had me dying to read it from the first moment I saw it. Seriously, look at it, it's absolutely breathtaking! So naturally I immediately read the blurb and after that I was certain that this was a 'must-read' for me. It did not disappoint, from page one I was sucked in and captivated by the story. Nikki Jefford gave the book the perfect pace, I didn't feel any lulls and I was constantly excited for what was to come. I could not put this story down, I ate it up and loved every moment of it.The characters in Entangled are full and very well developed. Graylee was a smart, strong, witty girl whom I absolutely adored. The contrast between her and her twin sister was vast, and written so well. Gray was a character that I connected with, she felt down to earth and genuine, Charlene felt flighty and and very high on herself, she drove me nuts. She had playing the victim down to an art form and turned her terrible actions around on everyone else. Raj was someone I was very hesitant about in the beginning. The occurrence with him and Gray in the hallway was very unsettling but as the story went on I started to warm up to him and by the end I was a big fan. Entangled is a great read that keeps you on the edge of your seat as you excitedly turn the pages. It has the perfect balance of mystery and romance, it's funny and entertaining. Right at the tail end we get some resolve and the blanks in Raj's story are filled in leaving me wanting more. I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of its follow-up Duplicity.