jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Hemlock

Hemlock - You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.I have been waiting for Hemlock for a very long time. I remember starting my blog it was one of my very first WoW's, so going into reading this it had a lot to live up to in my mind. It did, it lived up to all of my expectations and surpassed them. I would even say that this is the best book that I have read in the past 2 to 3 years. I loved everything about it, the pacing had me turning the pages and the suspense had my stomach twisted into knots. Each chapter ends with a cliffhanger of it's own and you just Can't. Stop. Reading.Mac was an awesome MC, she was witty, realistic and she could hold her own. I loved being inside her head and reading her inner dialogue. She was level-headed and had an astounding amount of empathy and compassion for those around her. Mackenzie had a very rough upbringing and when she was abandoned in Hemlock with her cousin Tess she finally found a group that she belonged in. The characters are so well written within the group that I didn't find myself groaning at the love triangle. I really enjoyed Kyle and Jason! Sure Jason had his flaws, but there was always a level of humility in him when it came to Mac. And Kyle was such a sweetheart. The glimpses of Amy through Mac's dreams provide a very dark, ominous feel and every time she popped up I cringed, expecting the worst.Kathleen Peacock has taken very familiar elements and constructed a very unique story. People in Hemlock know that werewolves exist and there is even a team of Trackers whose sole mission is to take them down. This really made for a refreshing read in a genre that I have read a lot of. There is no shortage of twists that keep you sucked into the story to a point that you almost feel as if you can't breathe!At this point, all I have to say to you, reader of my review, is "What are you doing reading my review?! Go read Hemlock! NOW!"