jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Everneath

Everneath - You can view all of my reviews at Alluring Reads"In the dark, dank world of the Tunnels, I would call upon this memory. And there would be a flicker of candlelight. If only for a moment." What a breath of fresh air! This book had all the elements that I look for in an Alluring Read. It had perfectly developed characters, an excellent plot and some great romance. I read this not knowing the tale of Hades and Persephony, but did this ever spark my interest in Greek mythology. There is a love triangle in this centered around our protagonist and featuring the boy next door and the not so villainous villain. I LOVED Cole and I felt for him. Throughout the book I wanted to shake Nikki and make her see that even though he was the bad boy, deep down he loved her in a way that was completely foreign to him. The rise in Nikki and Coles relationship was so well executed that I was thirsty for more everytime the subject matter changed. What I admired most about Brodi Ashtons writing was how she created this new world where impossible things were possible and I believed it. I wasnt left wondering how it all happens and feeling like parts of it didn't make sense. For me, the style of this book was reminiscent of Article 5 in the way that it went back in time here and there, which was an element that I loved in both novels. This is definitely a novel I will be talking about for a while and recommending to my fellow readers!