jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Destiny's Fire

Destiny's Fire - Trisha Wolfe You can read all of my reviews at Alluring ReadsThat was painful. There wasn't much I liked about this book. Yes, the premise was intriguing and the futuristic world that was created had promise and was interesting enough. But the sterotypical YA aspects of this story just turned me off. The love triangle was utterly annoying, Dez's blatant flip flopping was such a turn off for me. I can appreciate a love triangle if I can respect the girl, but I just felt like Dez didn't have a mind of her own and that was irritating. For instance when they were at the club their first night at the academy and she had a run in that made her angry, she wanted to go home to the academy and not be at the club anymore but felt she couldn't because Jace would get mad. She thought "God, I hated that I could never do what I wanted, when I wanted." Newflash hunny, YOU CAN you are your own person! For me, my strong dislike for the MC made this book really hard to appreciate, one of the most important aspects of a good book for me is that you connect with the MC. This one didn't do it for me at all and I won't be recommending it to anyone looking for an Alluring Read.