jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

Duplicity (Spellbound #2)

Duplicity (Spellbound #2) - Nikki Jefford You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.When Nikki sent me Duplicity I immediately loaded it onto my reader and dug into it. I read Entangled (the first book in Nikki's Spellbound series) a few months back and it was a 5 star read for me. I loved the characters and the world building and have been anxiously awaiting Duplicity. We dive right back in with Graylee Perez (now Stacey Morehouse) & Raj McKenna and are thrown right into another mystery.The characters remain strong in Duplicity, Graylee is as witty and strong headed as ever. Once again I found myself laughing out loud at her dialogue and totally connecting with her. There is a lot of Graylee Perez to go around in this novel, we have the Graylee that is in the body of Stacey (known as Lee) and we have the Graylee who is in Charlene's body (known as Gray.) This whole concept did get me confused a few times and I found myself having to re-read passages to get a clear idea of what was going on and who was in the scene. This predicament created quite the pickle for our dear Raj as he was faced with dealing with a duplicate girlfriend. In this one I found Raj to have settled down a lot, he didn't really come across as the bad boy that we met in Entangled, though he played the role of the sweet supportive boyfriend perfectly.Taking Raj's place as the resident bad boy is Adrian Hedrick Montez. Yes, Adrian is back and in this one I found him to be a much more sympathetic character, I actually felt bad for him sometimes. Adrian plays a bigger part in this novel but his past still remains a mystery that I am dying to uncover. Mystery remains a bit part of this series and you never know exactly what is going on, it's great to watch the characters on their missions to uncover the truth.Nikki has created another great story that is easy to lose yourself in. Though I do feel that the premise of this one was a bit weaker and harder to follow I still loved it. I definitely recommend Duplicity to anyone looking for an Alluring Read.