jenniarndt

Alluring Reads

The Joy & Torture of Joshua James

The Joy & Torture of Joshua James - Julie Rieman Duck You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.The Joy & Torture of Joshua James is a great little novella that I was sucked into and couldn't put down until I had devoured it all.  This story holds nothing back, Joshua is very blunt and his language is what some would call risqué. I wasn't too sure what I was in for when I started this but I was pleasantly surprised as it was an engrossing tale that had a great flow and felt very natural to read.I'm not often a fan of male narrators, and in the beginning I did find it hard to connect to Joshua but as the story went on I realized he was the perfect, typical horny teenaged boy. There were alot of, let's say interesting people in Josh's life, from his self-medicating mother to his dads voyeuristic new girlfriend and "Gothic Gretchen" from next door.  There is no shortage of fascinating, well-developed characters in this one.Julie Rieman Duck has woven a tale that will leave you guessing until the very last page, and longing for more.  I really hope there is more to come in the saga of Joshua James. If you're looking for an Alluring Read, give this great little novella a go!